Securabit Episode 74: Podcasting in the Dark with Brian Krebs
January 26, 2011Hosts:
Anthony Gartner â€“ @anthonygartner http://anthonygartner.com
Chris Gerling Â â€“ @chrisgerling
Christopher Mills â€“ @thechrisam
Andrew Borel â€“ Â @andrew_secbit
Brian Krebs – @briankrebs – http://krebsonsecurity.com/
- I recall reading about various greeting card based attacks over the years. Â Do you think they’ve all been originated by the same folks who did this one? Â Or at least, with the same goals in mind?
- How prevalent do you think ATM skimmers are? Â What are some ways the common person can look out for them?
- Do you think financial institutions are getting better at educating their customers about the protections provided/not provided under Regulation E?
- Do you anticipate payment processing centers becoming a bigger target for criminals vs the individual businesses?
- Since many financials are under pressure from new reserve requirements, do you think new security requirements will force smaller financials to merge? How can they balance the need to offer more convenient services (such as mobile banking) with the need to improve security at the same time?
- What do you think the top 3 stories for 2010 were? Why do you think they were the top stories?
RSA Conference 2011 (14 -18 Feb 2011)
#BSidesSanFrancisco (14 – 15 Feb 2011)
#BSidesCleveland (18 Feb 2011)
#BSidesHalifax (5 Mar 2011)
#BSidesGSO Greensboro, NC (9 Mar 2011)
CanSecWest2011 (9 – 11 Mar 2011)
#BSidesAustin (11 – 12 March 2011) http://www.keepsecurityweird.org/
BlackHat Europe 2011 (17 – 18 Mar 2011)
#BSidesChicago (16 – 17 Apr 2011)
#BSides London, (20 Apr 2011)
#BSidesROC Rochester, NY (21 May 2011)
#BSidesDetroit (3 – 4 Jun 2011)
Chat with us on IRC at irc.freenode.net #securabit
iTunes Podcast – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/securabit/id280048405
iPhone App Now Available – http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/securabit-mobile/id382484512?mt=8