After nearly 4 years dormant, we’re bringing back the SecuraByte! These are designed to cover things that can’t wait for our normal podcast cycle. In our 7th iteration, we interview Jake Kouns regarding the RVAsec security conference he is organizing in Richmond, VA which will be hosted again at VCU!
What you need to know:
- RVASec Call for Papers ends February 4th @ 11:59PM. Get your submissions in now!
- We expand on some more details regarding the Capture the Flag event that will be at the conference.
- Forensics training announced today! Only 12 seats so register now!
- 2 day conference this year. Parking and nourishment are included.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 17:00 — 7.8MB)
- Tom Eston – @agent0x0
- Mobile App/Device Security and Security Justice.
- Skype User IP Address Disclosure
- Google knew street cars were slurping wifi (Marius Milner was the engineer, of NetStumbler fame)
- Mozilla is first major tech company to denounce CISPA
- Mac Flashback trojan still making $10,000 a day
- Indictment Returned for Jeremy Hammond in Chicago Anonymous case
Chat with us on IRC at irc.freenode.net #securabit
iTunes Podcast – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/securabit/id280048405
iPhone App Now Available – http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/securabit-mobile/id382484512?mt=8
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:39 — 23.2MB)
If you're in the Richmond, VA area and are looking for something to do on Thursday, April 26th, come out to the Hilton Garden Inn at Innsbrook in Richmond, VA at 6pm EST.
The last monthly meeting garnered a large number of attendees so this one should be a great time for all!
Mark it on your calendar folks! Register here: http://rvasec.eventbrite.com/
RVASec is a conference being put on by the local group RichSec and will feature speakers on Saturday, June 16th as well as paid training to be held the day before, Friday June 15th.
Register by 4/20 and save $25 by using code “richSEC25″ (Training, not the conference day)
SecuraBit will be doing a live podcast from RVASec, and will additionally have some terminals available to access the SecuraBit Gh0st Lab! Stop by and say hello!
Join us as we talk with Robin Wood (@digininja) about his recent survey of IT Security professionals! Our show notes can be found here: http://wiki.securabit.com/ShowNotes/EP101
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:22:07 — 37.6MB)